This all goes back to the last Sunday. I was working on some office stuff and my girlfriend was super annoyed with me. I was royally ignoring everything she had to say. She got furious at a point, snatched my laptop and said, “I am gonna delete all this crap right now and then you’ll listen!”
Instantaneously a voice in my head said, “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn. It’s all up on the cloud!” And it struck me like lightning! How cool this actually is. One of the mankind’s greatest gifts to technology. Cloud computing is one of the most sought-after skills today. Trust me when I say, that it is No.1 on the top skills which can get you hired in 2017. The list was released by LinkedIn for the Global top skills of 2016 and their future trends in October.
The top 5 jobs skills for 2017 include the following:
- Cloud and Distributed Computing
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
- Web Architecture and Development Framework
- Middleware and Integration Software
- User Interface Design
Cloud and distributed computing have been topping the charts for last two years. Steve Ballmer, exCEO Microsoft once rightly said,” Our industry is going through quite a wave of innovation and it’s being powered by a phenomenon which is referred to as the cloud. India will not only see a surge in cloud computing services but companies all over the world will look to India to support their transition to cloud computing.”
So here’s a little something to get you started. The top 5 Cloud computing skills that can help you land up with your dream job.
- Database skills: Huge databases so it is necessary to have the basic understanding of it’s working. SQL and MySQL are de facto standard languages but being acquainted with open-source systems like MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra is highly recommended.
- Migration: As the on-premise infrastructures are still migrating to the cloud for numerous companies, a significant demand for professionals with such skills. What do you need to know? Well, knowledge of major cloud deployment models is what they’re looking for.
- Programming: New age programming languages like Python, Pearl and Ruby are cloud favourites. Cloud adds a new dimension to the world of development. People build, deploy and manage the applications on the cloud today.
- Linux: Around 30% of the servers powering Azure are Linux based. There is a clear hunt for people who can architecture, build and maintain Linux servers in a cloud environment. Want to hone your Linux skills? Take the Microsoft certified Linux on Azure today.
- Security: Business leaders rate security as the number one concern for cloud computing. It is a critical skill for any business adopting this technology. What employers look out for is a CISSP certification. You know what to do now, don’t you?
“I can smell a dynasty in making”, is what Fisher from LinkedIn says in her blog. And why wouldn’t she? Employers need employees to be equipped with cutting edge technology and scale their businesses.
Did you know that the world’s second largest cloud platform is here in India already? Want to know what it feels like to work with them? Head out for the Cloud Hack on 26th November and who knows you may end up with the job of your dreams!
Register today for fantastic job opportunities and prizes worth over INR 65K!