We take this opportunity to salute the spirit of hacking that was on display in Quikr API online Hackathon. Held on 11th September, it was a great success with 110 teams participating from top colleges across India. Following is the final list of winners.
- dataWitz: Mohsin Vindhani & Vinay Kale of IIT Madras won the top prize of INR 100,000/- Their idea: Suggest keywords to customers to maximize ad views by suggesting the right keywords. The keywords are correlated with page views on different Ads.
- Team VOID: Sawan & Praveen Kumar Singh of IIT Kanpur won INR 50,000/- They have secured the second position. You put up an ad post, and then you are introduced to brokers from your area so that you can choose who you want to help sell your stuff or rent a house etc.
- Team XTERM-INATE: Abhishek Kandoi, Dhaval Kapil, Arpit Singla & Punit Dhoot won INR 25,000/- and are recognised as the “Best Idea in Cars Vertical” because QuiCAR – The only entry focusing on Cars.
- Team Bug Assassins: Adarsh Mohata, Ajith Pandel, Ashish Kedia from NITK won the title of “Most Tech Savvy” and is awarded with INR 25,000/- designed Quik View: A Data Visualisation application using bulk data processing.
- Team NutrinoAnti: Aniruddha Zalani, Harshvardhan Sharma & Mohit Kumar Garg from IIT Kanpur won the title of “Most Creative Idea” and awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000/- They made a chrome extension for Quikr. Quikr ads come up in each of these websites which will attract customers to buy products from Quikr.
- Team Notmyforte: Vishal gupta & Ishit Mehta of IIIT Hyderabad won the title of “Most Monetizable Idea” and awarded with INR 25,000/- Their idea is to streamline the flow for sellers and buyers.
- Teamalpha from PESIT South Campus and Team Beer from IIT Bombay won INR 10,000/team for being the outstanding coders from their respective colleges.
We congratulate all the winners and are sure that this brief recap will only lead to an increased appetite for coding at hackathons. To whet your appetite visit our webpage, and select from the group of amazing online challenges and hackathons we have in store or you!
All the winners will be notified individually on how to go about claiming the prizes that you so deserve for the hard work and creativity.
A visual recap of the winners 🙂